Pages

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Working on improvements to this Blog

So I've spent some time today, writing about my life and enlarging the introductory, and the educational tabs on the blog. I checked on a few other blogs and differences were apparent to me as I read through them. As I thought, it is a learning experience, one which I am enjoying. Writing about one's self can be a bit daunting in terms of what one says, about one's self, without sounding......oh, I don't know...odd, is the only word that comes to mind right now.
At any rate, I don't know who all has looked at this blog other than my cousins Miguel, Marty, my wife Jo Anne and Perky Renner, (my wife's step-mom) although, it says that there has been 60+ views.
 I wish that who ever reads it, might leave a comment as they leave, so I can get some feed back on what the see here. Ideally, I would expand my circles ever further and find a niche in cyberspace!!
As Time goes on, I would like to introduce some of my opinions on daily events in our country, our societal issues, weather in our part of the nation and so on. Today I wrote a comment on The President's hand shake with Raul Castro at the funeral for Nelson Mandela, and got the predictably hot responses from the far, far right!!!....it was not pretty!!
Some time back, during the initial steps of the "War On Terror", I was a staunch supporter of the endeavor, and still am, however, when it started to look like it was more of a "For Profit" enterprise at a cost of billions upon billions of dollars, well, it seemed to me that the purpose of the ideal had been lost.
As a result, I changed parties, and sought to elect into office those who would work for the betterment of our nation's best interests. I realize my vote alone changes nothing in the "Grand Scheme" of things, but it is the idea that it can, that makes us think that we can change things!!
It is this ideal, that separates our great nation from others in the world we live in.  The thought that in our life time, we could see the Cuban Situation resolved, is exciting and somewhat scary at the same time, considering the amount of negativity surrounding the opportunity to do so. We don't know what will happen next, after all it was just a hand shake but, wouldn't it be nice??
Well, it is near dinner time for us here, and we are going to have Mexican Food tonight. I don't know about anybody else, but for us, Good Mexican Food is so hard to find!!....We have tried many places here in Vancouver, WA. and we just can not find a place where we can say; "Wow, this is good!!". Tonight we'll be getting our fare from Don Pedro's restaurant. We tried them a couple of weeks ago and it was okay, better than most other places we had tried, but still, not great!!. So, I'll see you on the other side of the page at a later date!!



No comments:

Post a Comment